Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rest in Peace Sweet Friend...


Yesterday a dear friend of mine from days gone by passed away.  I hadn't seen or spoken to her in many years, but she lived in my heart.  Reading the tributes to her on her Facebook page, I realized she lived in many people's hearts.  She was a magical person.  I always thought so then...I know so now.

What is interesting to me, is my own grief.  We were no longer in each other's lives, yet my emotions run deep and my sadness is profound.  I suppose, with her passing, I am aware of the passing of time, and how things slip away from us before we even know it. 

She was a very bright light and loved life to its fullest.  So it does seem (I won't say unfair but maybe ironic) that one who embraced life with such gusto should be taken so young.  No one can understand these things.  We find ways to console ourselves and one another, and we move on. 

I spent a lot of time today mourning, and saying goodbye to her in my own private way.  And though I debated whether or not to blog about this very personal subject, I decided it was the least I could do to pay tribute to her.

So I send out to the Universe, my deepest gratitude for having known her, and my hope that she is truly at peace and out of pain. Rest in peace sweet friend.  You touched the lives of so many and you will be sorely missed.

4 comments:

Savira Gupta said...

I am sorry to hear and my heart goes out to her family and to you.

Debbie Lamedman said...

Thank you so much. Your kindness is felt deeply!

Anonymous said...

Your post is a beautiful and beautifully written tribute. I can feel your love and loss coming through. My condolences on the loss of your friend. -- MikeB

MikeB said...

I think it's time to drop my Anonymous tag (even though I sign my Comments as -- MikeB) and start my comments with my name. I look forward to your blog posts and am waiting for the next one and the next one and . . . . Let's see if this works.