Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mercury Retrograde, I presume...

Some people think this Mercury Retrograde thing is a crock of shit. I do not. I have tracked it. There's something to it. Astrologers call Mercury the trickster, because during the retrograde phase all sorts of crap goes down. Literally. Like your computer. Or your tire. Flat as a pancake. I know 3 people who got flat tires last week. Coincidence you say? Maybe...It does sort of feel like a poltergeist is living with you. The other day, I lost an entire stack of mail that I had set down on my desk. One minute there...the next minute gone. I have no idea where it is. Kinda annoying ya know?

This one seems to be a particularly bad one. Mercury rules communication, so communication right now is all icky. I can't complete a full conversation before my cell phone starts acting up. Okay...that's a common occurrence whether it's Retrograde or not, but still...

The worst thing that has happened so far is my mom took a spill. A pretty bad one, I must say. She broke her shoulder and fractured her pelvis and now she's laid up for who knows how long. And making sure she gets the attention she deserves in this facility she's in....well....for the past week I've been feeling like I'm in the Twilight Zone. It feels like such a fight to get these people to help her. Once they do, they're very nice about it...but getting them to do it? OY VEY!

I'm blaming all of the shenanigans that has been going on lately on this retrograde. Maybe that's not entirely fair...good things happen during retrogrades too, so I'm told. Like reuniting with old friends...which I have (hey Jeff!) and finishing up projects that had been started awhile ago (yay me!) But truth be told, I will be very happy when Mercury is sailing along in its right direction again. This should happen around May 30th, so we've got a little over a week to go.

If my life feels less sluggish, my mom starts healing more quickly, and my cell phone actually gets reception I will let you know. Of course...that might just be me waiting for a miracle. But I won't rule that out either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mother...

Anonymous said...

I hope by now your mother has recovered completely from her fall. Mercury in retrograde. What is that? Anyway, it reminds me of this story. When my grandson was 4 years old, he became interested in the planets. By the time he was 5 years old, he was talking about being an astronaut. He told me he would like to go to Mercury. But he said he would have to wear a short-sleeved shirt there. I asked why. He said, "Because it's so hot." Thanks again for your enjoyable blog posts. - Mike B.