Saturday, May 2, 2009

1st Saturday in May...

A gray morning, but I like it. When the weather gets hot I get cranky. And the pressure to put on a pair of shorts and a sleeveless shirt starts the anxiety rolling. But I'm working out. Not as much as the contestants on the Biggest Loser, but I'm doing it. Just got back from Spinning class. How come, after all these years of doing it, it never gets easier? How come? If you have the answer to that question, please let me know!

I know I need to change it up...the workout I mean. There is so much information floating around in my head about working out and dieting and metabolic heart rate and yada yada yada, I am DIZZY! I just wanna go and do my thing and eat whatever I want and look amazing. Is that too much to ask for? I don't think so.

I thought I saw the beginning of definition in my triceps today. But I wasn't wearing my glasses, and I think that particular mirror in the gym is warped, so I'm not sure. But maybe...it's not the arms so much, but the belly that concerns me. I will not say I hate my belly, because then the Universe will believe me and there will be reasons to hate it. No, I don't hate my belly, but I would like to see a vast improvement. Hello Universe? Did you hear that? A little flatter please, if you wouldn't mind? I know all those crunches aren't going to do it...I know I gotta lay off the chocolate and the ice cream and the occasional (I SAID OCCASIONAL PEOPLE!) potato chips...ahhhhh....I know what I gotta do. I just gotta do it. Famous last words, right? And speaking of last words, these are mine for now...gotta go hit the shower and get on with my Saturday! Until the next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep on spinning. And not too many potato chips! - Mike B.