Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Highlights


Come on...tell the truth.  You just did a double-take on the photo above, didn't you?  Well, don't worry...you're not seeing things.  That really is a guy riding his bike naked.  And that's exactly what I saw this weekend...oh the perks of living in such a silly city known as Portland.

We were driving down the road...me and D...and suddenly D says, "Hey!  That guy is naked!"  I turn to my right, and sure enough, there is one lone guy riding his bike sans clothing!  I did the requisite double-take but there was no mistaking it. 

He seemed like he was having a very enjoyable afternoon ride on his bike.  He was wearing a hat (apparently to protect his head from the sun, but obviously nothing else was protected.  I sure do hope he was smeared with SPF everywhere else!) He was wearing socks and sneakers and that my friends is all she wrote!  Just had his birthday suit on and nothing more.  Hmm....wonder where he kept his wallet?

No cars were honking or making any type of spectacle out of this spectacle.  I guess everyone here in Portland takes this type of thing in stride.  D didn't even honk because as he told me, he was too flabbergasted to even think about honking.  It took us both a couple of minutes for our brains to register what we were seeing.

I cracked up laughing.  I was highly amused.  I hope the cyclist got home safe without any incident (meaning I hope he wasn't arrested for indecent exposure or any other hassle.)  I truly believe he was simply taking advantage of the lovely weather we were having. 

Sometimes after a long, cold, rainy winter, you just have to get out there on your bicycle and ride.  Naked.  The motto here is "Keep Portland Weird."  Amen to that!  Hope you all had an equally enjoyable weekend. With or without your clothes on!


5 comments:

MikeB said...

OMG, Debbie. So sorry you and Damian had to ensure this sight. But at least you got a laugh out of it!

Seeing this guy naked reminded me of what presenter David Niven said years ago at the 1974 Academy Awards ceremony when a streaker ran across the stage during the telecast: "Well, ladies and gentlemen, that was almost bound to happen. But isn't it fascinating to think that probably the only laugh that man will ever get in his life is by stripping off and showing his shortcomings?"

James said...

FANTASTIC! You should have joined him. It would have been liberating...like skinny dipping!

Jen said...

OMG Deb, I LOVE this. It's priceless and so are you! Dont' go getting any ideas though of riding naked. Kinda uncomfortable, don't you think?
;-)

MikeB said...

I log on almost daily to your blog, hoping for another interesting post. But I see there have been none for a while. So I get to look at the naked guy -- quite a treat. NOT. LOL. Keep your eyes peeled while going about Portland. And shut them when you have to (but not while driving, of course).

Unknown said...

Not attractive but definitely hysterical and postworthy. Thanks for sharing.