Saturday, February 19, 2011

Inevitable Change

The only constant in life is change.  We've all heard that a million times, right?  Well of course it's true.  And I knew this new year was going to pack a wallop in the "change" department.  I guess I didn't expect the changes to come so fast and furiously.  At every turn.  With lightning speed.  And my head is spinning from all the changes that I've been experiencing in these past few months.

Some of these changes feel extremely healthy and for the best.  Others...well...I don't know what to say.  I cannot control some of these new outcomes and I have to say I'm not exactly happy with the way certain aspects of my life are turning out.  For now anyway.  I'm hoping that everything works out for the best and the twisty, curvy road I'm currently on will eventually straighten out.  I would like to travel on a flat road for a little while because I know it's inevitable for the curvy twisty road of change to return. But lately my stomach simply cannot take all the jolts this current ride is offering.  

It's all fodder for the work, isn't it? I have to  keep telling myself that. Even when there's a lot of emotional pain involved, eventually it will find it's way into the writing. I'll use it to tell a good tale; write a great play.  I hope so anyway.  I really do.

4 comments:

Savira Gupta said...

I know how you feel. Nothing wrong with being on that twisted road. Make friends with it. Stare the curvy road in the face. Resisting the change will just make it worse.
Am here if you need me!

James said...

Sweet Debbie...take a deep breath and realize how strong you are. You can handle a lot more than you think. Peace to you...sending good thoughts.

Man-Man said...

Ah, change. It happens, but sometimes it is stressful.

MikeB said...

I have been out of the country for almost five weeks and am back now and have started to comment on your recent posts. I hope the road has begun to straighten out for you.