Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gotta Love That Trader Joe's!

Trader Joe's my dear friend...you never let me down!   Lately, the majority of my food consumption has been strictly from TJ's and I am loving every minute of it.  There are the tried and true items, to be sure, but I've also been experimenting occassionally with some new delights. 

I'm addicted to their Rosemary Chicken (takes 3-5 minutes to cook up and tastes like it came directly off the grill) and I love their eggplant hummus; their rolled chicken tacos, and their honey wheat pretzels are definitely a real treat.  But the other day, as I was perusing the aisles, driven by my sweet tooth, I came upon these tasty little morsels:

Trader Joe's Charmingly Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!!!  Can you tell I'm a bit excited about this find?  Just a little! There are those of you who prefer a crunchy cookie, and more power to ya...go for the crunch...but I, myself, prefer the chewy kind...tastes fresh baked to me that way, and these are DIVINE!

 I'm not gonna tell you the caloric content because this isn't a weight loss blog...these are simply to be enjoyed with a cup of tea or cup of coffee and don't feel guilty about 'em.  After all, they're oatmeal and oatmeal is good for ya, right?

I am singing the praises of my new tasty treat.  And of course, everything in moderation, so unlike Girl Scout cookies (at 4 bucks a box...ouch) I will refrain from eating these little lovelies in one sitting.  It's not hard to do, but I shall control myself. 

If you like chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, these are "charmingly chewy" (just like the box says!)  Seriously, go get yourself some and indulge!  DEELISH! 

And if you have any particular items at Trader Joes that you absolutely love..by all means share them with me.  I'd love to hear what your favorites are!  What's the most scrumptious thing you've eaten from Trader Joe's?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing and Chocolate Raspberry Sticks. YUM! But not together. Ick.

Suzanne said...

I LOVE Trader Joe's too. Tomato Basil Hummus with Pita Chips! That is what's for lunch today!

Anonymous said...

I love the container of tiny chocolate chip cookies. The trouble is, I eat 10-15 of them at one sitting (they are quite small, after all), and then go back 30 minutes later and eat another 10-15 of them. And if I am not careful, before the day is over, I have some more. So they go pretty quickly in my house. -- MikeB

Anonymous said...

i loooove the chocolate cat cookies. except they come in a large plastic container, so its hard to moderate amount per sitting...

its like oreos without the goop in the middle :)