Saturday, September 26, 2009

Flash Forward

There's a new show on ABC on Thursday night at 8pm called "Flash Forward." It premiered this past Thursday with an encore showing last night. I guess they really want to build a following for this show. I think it's by the same creators as "Lost" and I never got into that show. But this one is good. The first episode was good anyway. Hopefully, they'll keep it up. Keep it intriguing, which it was. I'm hoping it doesn't get too complicated to follow, but it sorta reminded me of the "X Files" which I LOVED back in the day.

"Flash Forward" is clever and a little bit creepy and it hooked me right from the start. I made a vow to myself not to get sucked into watching reality television this season. Not that I ever was a huge reality fanatic. I watched "Survivor" for the first two seasons and then stopped. Watched "Biggest Loser" last season and really got into it, but I don't want to go there again this season. Enough is enough.

I'm too busy to watch television anyway, but every now and then a new show comes down the pike that is promising....I don't get HBO or Showtime, so I'm not even tempted by the great shows that are on those channels. "Glee" and "30 Rock" and now "Flash Forward" may be my choices for this fall. But I've got to limit my television time because I've got a lot of work to do....all the time, work, work, work....could possibly make Deb a very dull girl....God, I hope not.

Check out Flash Forward...I recommend it. It's cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From your writing, my bet would be that you are NOT a dull girl. I bet you are a very interesting and charismatic girl. -- MikeB.