Monday, January 9, 2012

Fertile Ground Festival 2012


The last 10 days of January will be a theatre-lovers dream here in Portland.  Fertile Ground is a festival of new works taking place January 19th-January 29th in venues all over town!  It is a veritable feast of theatre!

The performances range from fully-mounted productions to works-in-progress to staged readings and everything in between.  It is truly a smorgasbord of theatre delicacies and they all can be sampled by purchasing a festival pass or buying individual tickets for specific events.  Whatever you do, be sure to check out the calendar of events to find out what looks good to you.

 What a great way to kick off the new year with lots of inspiring new work from the eclectic group of artists here in Portland. I am excited to see the work of several friends who are involved with Fertile Ground.  Additionally, I am thrilled to participate in the festival this year with a reading of my short play "This is Temporary."

Nothing like a 10-day theatre festival to inspire and delight, and certainly put me in a good mood! Right on, Portland! Write on!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Fantastic Debbie! Sounds really wonderful. Looking forward to it!

Jim said...

Rock on Writer Debbie!

Scott said...

This sounds great. Wish I lived in Portland! Have fun and break a leg!

MikeB said...

The festival sounds FABULOUS. It sounds like you have found a wonderful new home in the form of Portland and its artistic scene. Go Debbie! A new play. Yeah!
Yes; this too shall pass.

MikeB said...

I worked in Portland a long time ago for a while (I think several months) in 1980. Although for my work I was holed up in an office analyzing documents, I did have time to eat out at night and enjoy other aspects of the city. Other than my work assignment, I had a good time there.