Friday, May 13, 2011

Technical Malfunction


I was working on a really great post.  I hadn't written on my own blog for awhile since I've been busy guest posting on other blogs (that's a good thing) and I really liked the new post I was working on.

So, I needed to walk away from it for a bit as I often do when I'm writing.  Take a little brain break as it were...I saved the draft and ran some errands.  When I returned, I couldn't get into my Blogger account.  Blogger had gone down!  For over 24 hours.  I couldn't finish the post.

When I returned to Blogger today...the post was gone!  So were a couple of comments I received that had never been published. AHHHHHHH.......

It was such a good post, if I do say so myself.  But now it's gone.  Forever.  I will try my best to retrieve it from the dark recesses of my mind, but the moment is gone.  The mood is gone.  It will take too much effort to try and resurrect it, and frankly...it wasn't that good.  In the meantime, here's this little rant.  I shall calm down and afterwards, I shall post something fresh and new and hopefully fun this weekend. 

Bloggers using Blogspot are all in a similar boat today and probably as P'O'd as I am.  It could have been worse.  I could have lost the whole thing.  Now, I'm wondering if I should move over to Wordpress?  Any thoughts on that one, people?  I would love to hear what you think...



4 comments:

MikeB said...

I don't know the difference between Blogspot and Wordpress, so I can't be of any help there. But I do wonder what the topic of the lost post is. Maybe one day, hundreds of years from now, someone will find it on the blogosphere and will be credited with discovering a long-lost, theretofore unknown work of Debbie L. Wouldn't that be neat!

Unknown said...

Blogger promised to restore those things they removed. We'll see. I didn't lose anything, but if they don't please try to reconstruct your post. We missed you.

And we want to know how the opening went.

The same thing could happen with Wordpress.

Debbie Lamedman said...

Yes...people have been telling me the same thing could happen with Wordpress. And frankly, I like it here and find the Blogger template easier to work with than Wordpress. I'll probably stay. As for reconstructing the post...we'll see what happens! Thank you MikeB and Thom for your encouragement!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that! We Writers are normally moody creatures. That Technical Malfunction ruined one of my Posts too. But fortunately I lost only half of it and wrote the whole thing again.