Thursday, October 28, 2010

Juggling Life...

Life comes at us like a freight train sometimes, doesn't it?  Not necessarily a bad thing; I often think chaos is good for the soul.  In small doses, of course.

I've been juggling a lot of stuff lately.  The move of course was a huge task, and upon my arrival, there has been much to do to settle in to my new city. In addition to apartment searches, and furniture shopping, and map-reading, (I feel a bit challenged getting around this place...too many bridges!) I'm also needing to keep up my work load.  I'm happy to say I have plenty of assignments to keep me busy, but again, it all can be a bit overwhelming.  Throw in a social life (What?  Debbie has a social life?) and I've got a lot of balls in the air.

I'm learning to take things one day a time.  I'm learning to slow down a bit.  I'm learning to be patient with myself (if that's possible) and hopefully learning patience with others.  It's challenging to say the least, but I am dedicated to starting this new chapter. 

Juggling life is inevitable.  We all have to do it in some form or other.  The trick is to start slowly, adding in one element at a time, and to hopefully keep the momentum going.  It's all about momentum, don't ya know?

I'm attempting to set priorities but it's all a priority right now.  Time management and to-do lists... that's the way to go these days. It's all getting done, all being taken care of.  I just continue to breathe this incredibly fresh air, enjoy the moment and keep moving forward. 

It's all about keeping up the momentum...


6 comments:

Eric said...

You, dear Debbie, are very coordinated. Juggling should come very easily to you! Sending love and good wishes as you change your pace, breathe the air and slow down!

Savira Gupta said...

You hit the nail on the head! Slow down and taking one day at a time is the way. Remember that while styling in do enjoy the process!

EC said...

...and if the balls fall, make it look planned!
: )

MikeB said...

Don't forget to include a "relaxation" ball in your juggling routine. That should add "balance" to your priority list. Good luck on accomplishing all your goals without dropping any balls.

Savira Gupta said...

I realized the typo I made... One of those late night comments from my side and from time zone! It was to be "while settling in......

awitchtrying said...

Yes, yes, take it slow! Moving can be SO stressful! But make it fun, take time out to explore the city! When I first moved, I felt like I was on vacation for a while- just seeing all the new sights and falling in love with my house...